Finding your Purpose – Planning your Career
The last 2 years have caused many to ask questions about their overall purpose and career direction. This has led to people revisiting their values and relooking at their current roles to see how well it meets their idea of a fulfilling career.
Our 12-hour Finding your Purpose and Planning your Career Programme is an experiential group coaching approach to take you through a guided process. By the end of the programme you will have deepened your understanding of your life purpose and created a plan to take your first steps to building a career plan.
Everyone approaches their idea of purpose and career differently. Everyone has a different definition of ambition and our we express our values in a way which is unique to us. It is a practical peer coaching programme supported by structured exercises to help you reflect on your purpose and career and build an action plan.
Through the group coaching process you will be able to gain clarity on your own definitions and explore how you can express these through your working life and career development.
We take a pragmatic approach to purpose and career – holding that most people need to earn and living and support themselves and their families. Creating a practical and yet inspiring approach to this is at the heart of what we do.
This course is relevant for anyone regardless of your stage in life. Our purpose and career wishes may change throughout our life and in the group coaching process you will be able to reflect on your stage and explore what is next for you.
By the end of this programme you will have
- Learnt from highs and lows, successes and challenges of your career to date
- Identified your strengths, values and motivators for your working life
- Explored your purpose for your career
- Created a pragmatic and yet creative vision for your career
- Built an action plan to help you move from where you are now to where you are going
- Learnt how networking, political savvy and peer coaching can support your success.
Who is the Programme for?
Managers and Leaders
Parents and Care-Givers
Educators and Teachers
This programme is run in 6 x 2-hour workshops. Each workshop focuses on specific topics.
Why Train with Us?
- We have been developing individuals, leaders and coaches for over 20 years.
- Our programmes are all designed to run in Zoom and our bite sized approach to learning enables you to both learn skills and apply the learning between sessions.
- We believe in experiential learning. We teach you theories and models – but most importantly you get a chance to practice in a safe learning environment.
- We are based in Singapore and programmes suit people in the EMEA and Asia Pacific time zones.
October 2021 Programme
Workshops run on Wednesday, 18:00 – 20:00 (UTC+0800) Asia/Singapore time, starting October 6, 2021
Workshop 1 – October 6, 2021
Workshop 2 – October 13, 2021
Workshop 3 – October 27, 2021
Workshop 4 – November 3, 2021
Workshop 5 – November 10, 2021
Workshop 6 – November 17, 2021
We have applied to the ICF for 9.75 Core Competency CCEs and 2.25 Resource Development CCEs.
Jean Balfour is Managing Director of Bailey Balfour and Programme Director of our ICF Accredited Coach Training Programmes (ACTP). Jean is passionate about helping people to have good conversations both at work and at home. She believes that coaching is a life skill and that you never regret learning to coach.