In this Privacy Notice “Bailey Balfour Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd”, “we” or “us,” means Bailey Balfour. “Participant” or “you” means the person buying or requesting Programmes or services from Bailey Balfour.
This website is run by Bailey Balfour Asia Pacific Pte. Ltd., a company registered in the Republic of Singapore and registered address at 16 Raffles Quay, #16-02, Hong Leong Building, Singapore 048581 (“Bailey Balfour”). For the purposes of any applicable data protection laws (as amended or superseded), Bailey Balfour is the “controller” of the personal information collected through the website and determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal information.
Bailey Balfour is completely committed to protecting the privacy of our website visitors and customers. We respect your privacy rights and recognise the importance of protecting your personal information. The Bailey Balfour team members are customers themselves of other internet sites and fully appreciate and respect the importance of privacy on the internet.
If you are under 16, we require that you inform a parent or guardian about Bailey Balfour’s Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions as well as requiring their consent to the Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions before registering or placing an order with Bailey Balfour.
This Privacy Notice does not apply to websites maintained by other companies or organisations to which we link.
We have adopted a corporate wide Privacy Notice that guides how we collect, store, and use the information that you provide us with. The following information is provided by us to enable our online visitors to be fully informed of our Privacy Notices.
- How we collect personal information
- What information we collect and how we use it
- Who we share your information with
- Marketing opt-in and opt-out provision
- How long we keep your information
- Access and change of personal information
- Information security
- Changes to this policy
- More questions?
How we collect personal information
We will collect information provided by you when you use our website. This could be when you:
- Purchase a programme
- Respond to a survey
- Add yourself to our email subscriber list
- Give us feedback
- Book an appointment or service
- Contact our customer service team
- Ask to be informed about new programmes
What information we collect and how we use it
|INFORMATION COLLECTED||HOW WE USE IT||LAWFUL BASIS|
|Contact Information: Name, email address, audio recordings||To process your Programme application||To fulfil our contract with you|
|To create an account with us||Legitimate Interest|
|Send you marketing information via emails||Legitimate Interest|
|Contact you about your Programme application||Legitimate Interest|
|Contact you about events, surveys and competitions that may be of interest to you||Legitimate Interest|
|Fraud prevention or payment issues||Legal obligation|
|Tax related purposes||Legal obligation|
|Purchase history||Tailor communications to you to improve your experience||Legitimate Interest|
|Analysis used for purposes of business, website and/or product development||Legitimate Interest/Reasonable business use|
|Payment details through PayPal such as method and amount. (We never store card details).||To fulfil your order||To fulfil our contract with you|
|To make it possible to process a refund if necessary||To fulfil our contract with you|
|Fraud prevention or payment issues||Legal obligation|
|Information relevant to a query that you contact us about||To answer your query and give you the best possible customer service experience||Legitimate Interest|
|Calls may be recorded for training purposes to improve the customer service we provide (you will be informed if this is the case when you call).||Reasonable business use|
|Marketing preferences||To ensure we adhere to your preferences||Legitimate Interest/ To fulfil our contract with you|
|IP Address||Analysis used for purposes of business, website and/or product development||Legitimate Interest/Reasonable business use|
|To confirm how and when you signed up to receive marketing communications||Legitimate Interest|
Who we share your information with
There may be circumstances where we may share some of your data with third parties. Below are the instances in which we may do this and to whom we share information with:
- When you use https://www.facebook.com/BaileyBalfourCoachCertification, please review Facebook’s cookie notices for additional information on how your data may be processed. You have the option to opt out of optional cookies.
- Our partners who process data for us, for example PayPal and Mailchimp. Such companies process payment information and may process transactional information in an anonymised way for the purpose of business insight. Mailchimp also process names and address for the purpose of mailing our emails for the purpose of sending automated emails when you sign up to email.
- Where there is a legal obligation to do so, we may disclose your information to any relevant regulatory body.
- Outside research companies or consultants whom we may or may not ask to contact you directly for your opinions on our Programmes and services. In these instances, we provide them with only the information they need to perform their function.
We review the data protection standards of every company who process our data. All have contracts in place which set out how they meet the standards required for applicable data protection laws.
Marketing Opt-in and Opt-out Provision
Emails from Bailey Balfour
When you purchase a Programme from Bailey Balfour, you will be given the option to opt-in to subscribing to our emails. You will be able to unsubscribe at any time by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link in the footer of the emails we send.
Should you have trouble unsubscribing from email, catalogues or changing your preferences regarding third party opt-in/out, please email us at
How long we keep your information
Your data will be held for as long is necessary to fulfil obligations we have in relation to the purpose of us collecting the data. The retention period will vary depending upon the purpose.
For marketing purposes, we will keep your contact information as long as you subscribe to receiving communications.
We will keep order related information as long as necessary to fulfil regulatory obligations, for example, local tax laws.
Access and change of personal information
You have rights in relation to your data, what we hold and how we use it.
- You have the right to access the personal information we hold about you.
• You have the right to request changes to ensure the information we hold about you is accurate.
• You have the right to request that we delete your data.
• You have the right to unsubscribe from marketing messages at any time.
• You have the right to complain about the use of your personal information to the regulator in the jurisdiction where our processing of our data applies.
Please contact our privacy team if you would like to make a request in relation to your data. You may contact us by email at [email protected] to process reasonable requests.
Bailey Balfour takes all necessary and reasonable steps to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity, and privacy of the information you have provided.
When you place an order or access your account information, we use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption which encrypts your information before it is sent to us, to protect it from unauthorised use. If SSL is enabled, then you will see a padlock at the URL address panel of your browser and you can click on this to find out more information about the SSL digital certificate registration.
We process all payments using PayPal secure e-payments system. This system ensures that all sensitive information is stored on a heavily encrypted database and protected by multiple firewalls.
When personal information is transferred to third parties it is done so via a Secure File Transfer Protocol or secure file sharing method.
Information held internally is done so using 3rd party cloud storage, with appropriate levels of security for the information held.
Use of information is governed by strict internal policies which are constantly reviewed and updated as necessary. Our staff will have access to your information as would be reasonably expected for business purposes and to fulfil their roles but are committed to the protection and confidentiality of your information.
Changes to this Policy
We may change this Notice from time to time. Please check regularly to stay informed about our information notices and policies.
If you require further information about Bailey Balfour and our Privacy Notice please email [email protected]. Alternatively, you can visit our Contact page, fill in the contact form and submit your enquiries to Bailey Balfour’s dedicated Customer Care team.