Coaching Skills – An Introduction
We believe that Coaching is a life skill.
Many people would like to coach but are unsure about whether they will be able to coach or will be suited to it.
Our 8-hour Coaching Skills – An Introduction programme is an experiential course providing students with a chance to experience and learn coaching skills. The course is run in 4 x 2-hour workshops. All our programmes are run in Zoom and supported by our dedicated learning management system.
This course is relevant for anyone – coaching skills can be used at work, as a parent and in with our families and friends. The course includes
- Lots of practice in core coaching skills
- Experience of coaching using the GROW coaching model
- An understanding of the importance of empathy, rapport and trust in any coaching conversation.
- An overview of the ICF coaching competencies
By the end of the course you will
- Be confident to use coaching skills to help you in your working life and in your personal life.
- Understand the role a Growth Mindset has in helping us live fulfilling work and personal lives.
- Use high quality listening and questioning skills to have more impactful conversations
- Have a coaching model to use in many situations at work, at home and with friends
- Be confident to adopt a coaching mindset and understand the ethics of coaching conversations
- Be familiar with the ICF Core Competencies – a guide for effective coaching
Who is the Programme for?
Effective consultants are constantly curious about what is best for the people they serve. Coaching skills develop the ability to listen and become more aware about what clients are seeking and how best you can serve them.
Project and Programme Managers
Project manager often lead without formal authority. Using a coaching approach helps to understand what matters to the people in the project and how best to ensure everyone is aligned and prepared to meet milestones.
Educators and Teachers
Healthcare and Wellness Professionals
Managers and Leaders
Research increasingly shows that leaders who coach are more effective. Learning to help individuals perform at their best supports their growth and the organisations performance. Leaders who coach help to reduce stress levels and increase retention in their teams.
Being an effective Scrum Master is synonymous with using a coaching style. Learning tried and tested coaching skills enables you to become even more effective in your role.
Parents and Care-Givers
The biggest surprise for people who train on our programmes is the impact coaching has on all their conversations. This is especially true for parent and care-givers. Learning to listen more intently and to be more curious with our loved ones helps us to have more impactful conversations.
This programme is run in 4 x 2-hour workshops. Each workshop focuses on specific topics.
Why Train with Us?
- We have been teaching coaching skills for 20 years in global organisations.
- All our facilitators teach on our ICF Accredited Coach Training Programme (ACTP) and are very experience and practicing coaches.
- Our programmes are all designed to run in Zoom and our bite sized approach to learning enables you to both learn skills and apply the learning between sessions.
- We believe in experiential learning. We teach you theories and models – but most importantly you get a chance to practice in a safe learning environment.
- We are based in Singapore and our mentor coaching suits people in the EMEA and Asia Pacific time zones.
All our programmes are run virtually using Zoom. We require all participants to be on camera during live workshops. We suggest you are working from a computer and are in a confidential setting.
SGD 650 for 8 hours learning, programme materials in a digital format and access to our online classroom.
November 2021 Programme
Workshops run on Tuesday, 18:00 – 20:00 (UTC+0800) Asia/Singapore time, starting November 9, 2021
Workshop 1 – November 9, 2021
Workshop 2 – November 16, 2021
Workshop 3 – November 23, 2021
Workshop 4 – November 30, 2021
March 2022 Programme
Workshops run on Thursday, 18:00 – 20:00 (UTC+0800) Asia/Singapore time, starting March 31, 2022
Workshop 1 – March 31, 2022
Workshop 2 – April 7, 2022
Workshop 3 – April 21, 2022
Workshop 4 – April 28, 2022
This course is accredited with the ICF for 7.5 Core Competency CCEs and 0.5 Resource Development CCEs.
Imogen has over 10 years of experience in learning and development and 1:1 coaching, across a range of settings, sectors and cultures. Having lived in Singapore for 12 years, Imogen has designed and delivered workshops for thousands of participants from across the Asia Pacific region. She has also coached leaders from a range of different organisations, who she has helped to respond to challenges, realise opportunities and raise performance at work.