Most of us struggle with confidence, self-doubt, imposter syndrome or a very noisy inner critic as some time in our lives. For some of us this is very familiar. We are in this together. It is part of our human condition to look for what could go wrong and where we are not at our best.
Even Michelle Obama and Serena Williams talk about how they continuously work on building their own confidence. It can be very tiring to be affected by these challenging inner thoughts.
The good news is….we don’t have to be trapped by this. There are tried and tested strategies which we can learn and use to release us from the grip of our thoughts.
Our 10-hour Building Confidence is an experiential course providing participants with a model to develop the skills to increase their confidence.
This course is relevant for anyone struggling with confidence in any part of their life – work or home. You can learn our approach easily and even teach your children to learn to manage limiting thoughts.
Becoming confident doesn’t happen overnight. It requires us to learn the strategies and tools and to practice. We learn best if we practice and apply the skills we are learning. In this programme we do this through peer coaching and structured exercises both in the workshops and between workshops.
It also provides a step-by-step approach to building confidence in a coaching setting and experienced coaches can take away a new set of tools for their coaching toolkit.
The course is designed and facilitated by Jean Balfour. She brings to this programme over 30 years of working successfully on her own self-confidence and learning from psychology, neuroscience, psychotherapy and spirituality.
This is an experiential programme. Participants work on their own real-world scenarios, seeking to identify and retain changes that will serve them in their lives.
The course includes
- An in-depth experience of the Bailey Balfour model of confidence
- A step-by-step guide to building confidence
By the end of the course you will
- A model to support your growing confidence
- Developed strategies to overcome negative self-talk and self-doubt
- Learnt the neuroscience behind our struggle to be confident at all times and how to work with this to increase your own resilience
- A wide range of psychological approaches to building confidence
- A toolkit to help you in your everyday life
- Be confident to adopt a coaching mindset to support people to become more confident
- Be familiar with the ICF Core Competencies – a guide for using a coaching approach to confidence
Who is the Programme for?
Anyone who has ever struggled with self-doubt and low-confidence – even if only occasionally, can learn our practical approaches to managing your mind and feelings confidently!
Educators and Teachers
Managers and Leaders
Parents and Care-Givers
This programme is run in 4 x 2.5-hour workshops. Each workshop focuses on specific topics.
Why Train with Us?
- We have been developing individuals, leaders and coaches for over 20 years.
- Our programmes are all designed to run in Zoom and our bite sized approach to learning enables you to both learn skills and apply the learning between sessions.
- We believe in experiential learning. We teach you theories and models – but most importantly you get a chance to practice in a safe learning environment.
- We are based in Singapore and programmes suit people in the EMEA and Asia Pacific time zones.
All our programmes are run virtually using Zoom. We require all participants to be on camera during live workshops. We suggest you are working from a computer and are in a confidential setting.
SGD 750 for 10 hours learning, programme materials in a digital format and access to our online classroom.
February 2022 Programme
Workshops run on Thursday, 18:00 – 20:30 (UTC+0800) Asia/Singapore time, starting February 10, 2022
Workshop 1 – February 10, 2022
Workshop 2 – February 17, 2022
Workshop 3 – February 24, 2022
Workshop 4 – March 3, 2022
This course is approved by the ICF for a total of 10 CCEs. 7 Core Competency CCEs and 3 Resource Development CCEs.
Jean Balfour is Managing Director of Bailey Balfour and Programme Director of our ICF Accredited Coach Training Programmes (ACTP). Jean is passionate about helping people to have good conversations both at work and at home. She believes that coaching is a life skill and that you never regret learning to coach.